Damn it’s been a while. Try to get something here at least every couple of weeks, but it’s been so dang busy. I had a nice little vacation and my lil sister came up to visit from Florida, so we spent a lot of time with her and the kids and the granddaughter. It was nice to have almost 2 weeks off, but work’s been crazy busy and promises to stay that way all summer. We have about 220 new computers to set up, and just as many to take down and prep for recycling. Tried not to think about that while on vacation.
Of course there were a few bike rides. Mostly 3 hour-ish rides between 30 and 40 miles. Took the camera along on a couple of rides and saw some stuff. And I found another Apple product on the side of the road. Maybe you remember that several weeks back I found a poor, road-killed iPad on a bike ride. Well this time I found an iPod in a speaker case. It was in much better shape than that poor iPad, but I could not get it to come to life.
So of course I tried to disassemble it. Why? Who knows? One of these days maybe I’ll find an i-Something that actually works. I’d really rather not buy one just yet. I’m waiting for the next model. Always. On another ride, another day I passed by some interesting sculptures.
Also during this period I turned 55. It was a pretty quiet birthday. Lots of friends at work and at Facebook wished me a happy “double-nickel”.
Speaking of Facebook, I had a brilliantly witty little joke to post there, and the Friends Came Through. Names deleted to protect the funny people …
- 37 cent store? ( That would be irritating, not necessarily inconvenient. )
- 24/7 open 24 minutes on 7 randomly selected days
- Inconvenient? How ’bout “The Runs?”
- Calls to mind one of my all time favorite really old Steven Wright lines …”Store 24 open 24 hours but not in a row”
- Rong Aid.
- come back at 7 or 11
- Marts-0-Dave. Duh.
- Assume the hours of my local post office – open when I am at work, closed during lunches and when I am not at work.
- No-Go 24 and for the Spanish speaking community, No-Va 24 😛
- Obviously you people have all taken 300-level marketing courses at prestigious institutions. Thanks for the great suggestions! I’m calling Murphy’s Law Offices first thing tomorrow morning.
- slackers r us, the stickup, wait & pay or www grocery (who-what-where)
- 1/5…does it beat 8/5?
- Hey you liked every comment. Where were you when I was flunking out of 6th grade? (This was in response to my clicking LIKE on every comment. Sheesh, Denny!)
- Stop & Wait “Open every third hour of Feb 29th”
- Pay-in the Rear?
- The In and Out.
- We saw a chain called Terribles out in Vegas
- Nothing I can think of is as funny as the question itself!
- Have It Our Way.
- How about “Slushies & Cigarettes”?
- Top Shelf! Where everything’s top notch and only on the top shelf! 😛
- I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
- You have funny friends 🙂
- How about Wal-Mart Express?