My holiday shopping is done! Actually it’s been done for several years now. I finally discovered the perfect gift for everyone on my list. OK, I don’t have a list. Ya got me. This item also comes in handy for all holiday parties, at home and at work. Wondering what it could be?
… wait for it …
YES! I’m giving everyone a tube of anchovy paste! It’s a great gift because:
- People love salty things
- People love little fishies
- People love stuff in handy squeeze tubes
- Provides 100% RDA of sodium and other minerals
- Packs easily into suitcase or overnight bag
- Comes in handy when you run out of toothpaste
- Super easy to gift wrap
- Tube is recyclable
- Needs no refrigeration (maybe)
- No 10th reason even needed!*
Pretty compelling case huh? If you have any vegan friends on your list no worries, the US government declared anchovy paste a vegetable several years ago in the same bill that changed the legal status of ketchup. It was a little known earmark on the now-famous legislation changing food classifications.
*Source: The US Anchovy Board